Formatting SQLplus output

From: Lily Djuniarti <lily.djuniarti_at_natinst.com>
Date: 21 Jul 1998 12:35:58 GMT

How can I format sql query output so that a certain column is not printed repeatedly?
I used Break On <column name>, but it didn't work when I concatenate my column with | (pipe). I need to concatenate the columns because I want to dump the output to a flat file, then email the flatfile as attachment. I would appreciate any idea on how to do this.

Eg. query:
Select employee# || '|' || order# || '|' || product# || '|' from table1

sample output:

E1 | Ord1 | Prod1
E1 | Ord1 | Prod2
E1 | Ord1 | Prod3

desired output (same order numbers only printed once)

E1 | Ord1 | Prod1
E1 |  | Prod2
E1 |  | Prod3

Thanks, Received on Tue Jul 21 1998 - 07:35:58 CDT