Questions on Oracle lite..

From: Amin Abdulghani <aminabdu_at_d-major.rutgers.edu>
Date: 20 Jul 1998 14:08:20 -0400

Hi,

I have recently been look at different embedded databases and the java support from Oracle lite seemed to have impressed me. I downloaded their trial version. By playing around with the trial version I encountered a few problems which I am not sure are inherent to the product or is it because of some incorrect invocations. I would appreciate if anyone who has played around with Oracle lite would be able to share some info on these problems:.

i) The manual seems to indicate support for row level locking. However I am not sure how this could be achieved in Java Access classes? I didnt see any API reference to it..

ii) I want to drop two classes A and B with B being the subclass of A. Would I have to drop them in a certain sequence? Also would I have to delete all instances of A and B before being able to drop the schemas for the classes?

iii) Is it possible to query objects nested inside other objects.  Assume there is some id in class A and class C contains an array  of class A. Would it be possible to construct a query on class C  directly to find all instances in C which have id=id1 in field A.

I would appreciate any useful pointer/suggestions...

Thanks..
Amin Received on Mon Jul 20 1998 - 13:08:20 CDT