ODBC problems

From: Paul Hoepping <p.hoepping_at_cww.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 18:59:36 +0200

Hi,
I am faced with the task to make Access97 running on Windows NT 4.0 access an Oracle DB running on Windows NT 4.0 and later switch that system to an Oracle running on an UNIX machine.

For our test system I have set up the Oracle Workgroup database Server 7.1 from the Personal Oracle 2000 CD. I have installed SQL*Net 2.1 and the ODBC-driver from Oracle's free download page.

When I try to connect to the database using Oracle's ODBC test program I get the following error message:

SQLSTATE: S1000
Native Error Code 65535
Driver Message:[Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver][Oracle OCI]ORA-00001: unique constraint [%sm%s] violated

Any ideas what might cause this error message? If I supply a wrong password or user name I get the appropriate error messages. Therefore the system generally seems to be up and running. The system accepts my login and then somehow generates that violation. Probably while trying to write my login data into some system tables.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen, / With best regards, Paul Hoepping

Hoepping Elektronik Design
Tel +49 201 843331 / Fax +49 201 471918 http://www.hed.de
email: paul_at_hed.de Received on Mon Jul 20 1998 - 11:59:36 CDT