dynamic Tables

From: <Hard_Core_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 16:23:54 GMT

Hi, I've just started working with PL/SQl and only have two books from which to learn. Neither of the books that I have make any reference to being able to have tables sent in as parameters. Is there a way to do this?

eg.

create procedure something (table_in varchar2)

select * from :table_in;

end;

It doesn't look like DBMS_SQL can do it, and normal PL/SQL can't do it either.

Hope I've given enough Info. Thanks in advance.

Sam

ps. I'm at work and only have access to e-mail. using someone elses computer to read ng's. Please respond to the address below.

smullen at avantec dot net