Re: Which UNIX Oracle platform shall we get ?

From: christopher kordish <kordish_at_mediaone.net>
Date: 1998/07/19

Ed Zietarski wrote:

> We want to get a more powerful Oracle platform
> to supersede an NT box.
>
> We are running real time applications.
>
> A rough ball park estimate is that there will be
> up to 2000 database accesses per second
> at peak times.

i'd pick sun - they have the best scalability ,the best SMPand the best relationship with oracle

i think you're problem is interesting - 2000 accesses/second - is quite fast - do you think you'll be able to do that with a relational database ? - if you do- you may need a cluster of nodes that run Oracle Parallel Server and a TP monitor like Tuxedo. In the land of real time waiting for an oracle connect may not be advisable - you may need to do some re-architecting

good luck
chris