Re: Initsid.ora location

From: <sisom2_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 23:26:32 GMT

In article <35b02519.5891371_at_news2.mm.com>,   johng_at_nospam.mm.com wrote:
> "matcha" <toronto_man_at_mailexcite.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi Oracle Gurus,
> >Is it possible to change the location of Initsid.ora and declare this to rhe
> >database to start? i mean what is the paramater to tell the database where
> >it should look for initsid.ora file?
> >
> >Thank you in advance.
> >

> >cemal
> >

> In a Netware system ( and maybe others ) use
> startup pfile=Path/Filename
>
> Hope it helps,

Hi Cemal,
If you are running this on a Unix Server up can make a link to the Pfile that way if you make a change it will change the one in the original location. Or you can always type the path of the Pfile when you mount the database, or put a script together to start the database with the location of the Pfile you want. I am doing this with a scripts I do not have the script with me right now but if you would like it email me your address and monday I will email it to you! Good Luck!
Scott ISom