Using VB 5.0 to connect to Personal Oracle

From: <_at_home>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 01:16:47 GMT

Hi folks,

I am kind of new to this & am trying to find out how to connect to Personal Oracle 7.3 from Visual Basic. I figured I have the necessary code to make the connections but am unable to get past the "SQL Net Connect String" that we use to set up in the ODBC-32 in the control Panel.

Data Source Name = "Oracle7 Database"
Description = "Trial"
SQL Net* Connect String = "????????"

What should the this string be?

Please advise as to how I could set up this DSN's using Control Panel & later use VB to connect to Oracle. I use Personal Oracle for Windows 95.

Thanks,

-Sudarshan Received on Fri Jul 17 1998 - 20:16:47 CDT