Forms 4.5 and cursors

From: Suzanne Edgecombe <sedgeco1_at_agso.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 17:50:05 +1000

Hi there

I am a newbie to the world of Oracle forms development (and not much experience eslewhere either), and am really teaching myself and asking questions. I have created a form with 2 blocks in a master detail relationship, where the records in the detail block already exist in the database (as several geological samples which have undergone lab processes). These samples are then batched together for some more processes before being split out back to sample level to undergo analysis.

Hence, I create my batch record with its required information (which is the top part of the form) and then go to my detail block and fill in the sample record numbers (which are verified) that pertain to that batch.

I want to enter the batch number (primary key for the batches table) into the table holding the sample details (ie a foreign key exists for the batch number in the samples table). But I can only get the form to enter the batch number into the last samples record (the one last stored in the buffer?).

I have tried to create a cursor which will look at each record, but get the following error when I try to compile the procedure: Error 0 at line 0 column 0:
PL/SQL Check #30611 Please see your resident guru.... This occurs even when I declare the cursor and just have a message in the body of the procedure.

  1. What does this mean and how do I fix it?
  2. Is the method I am attempting the best method for dealing with my problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Suzanne Edgecombe Received on Thu Jul 16 1998 - 02:50:05 CDT