Re: Comparison of databases

From: <mikel_at_usin.com>
Date: 1998/07/15

Just a few notes:

Sybase has classes in Emeryville so location is good.

You are slightly limited if you need to run the database on a PC with Win95. Sybase has SQLAnywhere and maybe someone here on the lists knows how to get a demo copy which runs on WIN95. Should be able to learn all the SQL basics with this tool. Check the sybase.com web page. Otherwise you need NT. Oracle may have a PC version (they did years ago).

I beleive the next version of MSSQL will run on WIN95 and MS in the past has had downloadable 30 day versions of their server.

As far as market share, go to someplace like dejanews and search the jobs related newsgroups and see where the offers are.