Re: ORA-07320 error as non-oracle user

From: Oracle DBA <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 21:33:44 -0400

James Owens wrote:

James,

Sounds like the "oracle" executable is not setuid.

Go to the ORACLE_HOME/bin directory and check the permissions on "oracle"

  % ls -l oracle

It should be 6751 or rwsr-s--x

If it is not set to this simply chmod the executable to this. Also make sure the directory is not mounted nosetuid. If it is on some operating systems the setuid and setgid bit will be set but will take no affect.

You get the permission denied usually because the shared memory is owned by the user "oracle" or whatever your software owner is and when your shadow process is spawned the setid bit makes sure it is done as the software owner.

Let me know if this does not fix it,

-Bennett