Oracle Reports 3.0 questions

From: cynthial <clangevin_at_tcipro.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 20:36:35 GMT

 Hi,

This regards reports development in Reports 3.0 and a payroll application.

The two questions are as follows:

  1. If you include a function or procedure in a view, and then use that PL/SQL function or procedure as a column in the SELECT statement for the data model, what is/are the impacts of this on performance for the report? An example is GET_PHY_RATE_TOTAL function where the total is calculated for each physician that is included in the report. If I use the SELECT statement and say SELECT phy_id, phy_name, GET_PHY_RATE_TOTAL FROM XXXXX WHERE XXXXXX etc..... what are the drawbacks and implications of this and is this correct?
  2. In reports, regarding a sort option that can be provided to the user who wants to run the report, if they want a selection based on termination, last worked or terminated date, how do I provide this on the parameter form so that they can choose one of the three options for running the report based on that selection?

Thanks in advance. The reports are also going on the Web, so the list of values does not work when they go on the Web.

Please respond here or you can email me directly at clangevin_at_tcipro.com

Any help is appreciated.
Cynthia

 This message sent via http://www.talkway.com/. Surf Usenet! Received on Wed Jul 15 1998 - 15:36:35 CDT