A few questions...

From: <aysegul_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 19:34:47 GMT

Hi there. I am interested in possibly getting into programming/development and I am presently in the midst of doing my "homework" in finding out what this field is really all about and how the people who are actually doing it right now feel about their work. If you have a moment, I would greatly appreciate if you could answer some of the questions I have. Any input you have will help me out tremendously in making a wise, well-informed decision about my possible future endeavor. Thanks for taking the time to help.

Aysegul

· What kind of programming/development do you do? · Which is the best language to use - the most enjoyable? · Which programming language is in most demand now? Which do you believe will be in most demand 2 years from now? · Are Web Developers as in demand as Software Engineers? · Which is a better field to get into programming or web development? · Is programming/developing enjoyable? · What are the benefits? · What are the drawbacks? · What do you do in a given day? · Do you use analytical thinking? - Do you get to figure things out? · Do you have much human contact in a given day or are you mainly in solitary? · Where do you envision yourself 2 years from now, 5 years from now and 10 years from now?