Please help: API for backup and db creation?

From: <mldykow_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 13:47:36 GMT

Is there any way to create a new database and to back up an existing database using the Oracle API for C/C++? I'm using Oracle version 7.3.3 on a Windows NT Server.

Please help, I'm new in programming for Oracle, and my first impression is that the APIs of other dbs I've used before offered much easier and more comfortable ways to manage databases from within a selfwritten application. Is db management really so much more complicated with Oracle?

Jens