Re: Help: How to put in large # of users

From: Mauro <sbffn_at_vgf.vg>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 07:42:15 GMT

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998 16:02:28 -0500, Elena Karaban <ekaraban_at_indiana.edu> wrote:

>Hi (again),
>
>How do I put a large number of users into Oracle that require they same
>priveleges?

Do it via a procedure that does the basic CREATE USER statements, then create a ROLE and grant the role all the necessary privs, then GRANT the role to each user.
Also, grant the CREATE SESSION privilege to the role, instead of granting it to each single user.
This way, you can grant/deny connection rights to all of your users simply granting/denying the CREATE SESSION privilege to the role.

--
Mauro.

(My return address is intentionally invalid; ROT13 is required. As someone already told this audience, my responses are not to be considered official technical support or advice.) Received on Wed Jul 15 1998 - 02:42:15 CDT