Re: Changing your SQL*Plus prompt to the instance name

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 14 Jul 1998 11:57:49 GMT

On UNIX you can put login.sql in your sqlpath.

Then put the following in login.sql

column sid new_value osid noprint
column usr new_value ousr noprint
set termout off
select lower (substr (global_name, 1, (instr (global_name, '.') -1))) sid from global_name ;
select user usr from dual ;
set termout on
set sqlprompt '&ousr &osid> '

set null ??

janne (janne.laurila_at_orion.fi) wrote:
: How can I do that?

: t. janne

--
While DSC may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job), DSC does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when you opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use. Received on Tue Jul 14 1998 - 06:57:49 CDT