Re: Personal Oracle connections

From: John Taylor <jt22_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/07/13

mateev_at_geocities.com wrote:

> Can I connect to Personal Oracle from second computer?
> How can I do this?
>
> Georgy Mateev

mateev_at_geocities.com wrote:

> Can I connect to Personal Oracle from second computer?
> How can I do this?
>
> Georgy Mateev

Well, technically you can but it's not really worth it! With Personal Oracle 7.3 on Windows 95 and NT there *is* a SQL*Net listener. You can configure this using the listener.ora file in $ORACLE_HOME\network\admin and start the listener using lsnrctl start. The purpose of this listener is for database replication not incoming client/server connections. The listener can only accept a single connection at a time which means that it can't be used for multi-user access.

Regards

John Received on Mon Jul 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT