Oracle Lite and precomplied SQL

From: Stephen Humphry <shumphry_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 14:05:55 +1000

Hi

I'm a novice Oracle operator (using Oracle Lite 3.0 and JDBC) to develop = client/server applications in Java. For efficient operation, all SQL = statements in my application should be precompiled using either the = prepareStatement or prepareCall methods. Oracle Lite implements stored = procedures via Java classes rather than PL/SQL and all the examples I = have access to have the Java class execute dynamic SQL only.

What I would like to know for sure is does Oracle Lite support = precompiled SQL statements in this manner and if so are there any good = references and/or examples available ?

thanks alot

Stephen Humphry
shumphry_at_hotmail.com Received on Mon Jul 13 1998 - 23:05:55 CDT