Simple SQL Question

From: Mitch Friedman <mitch_friedman_at_ml.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:17:56 -0400

Hi,

I have a table call office_rollup. This table is keyed on an office_code, center_code and office_structure_id. The office_code has a description column as well. There is a one to many relationship between the office_sturcture_id and office_code and a one to many relationship between office_code and center_code. I need to write a select statement that will list each distinct office_code and only one description for an office code. For instance, the following is in my data base:

    office_code office_desc

    001                London
    002                Paris
    002                Paris, Fr
    003                Berlin

The result of my query should be:
    001                London
    002                Paris
    003                Berlin

This query is in a powerbuilder drop down datawindow, hence, I can't implement this using a sql script or a cursor loop to implement this. Anyone's help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mitch
Friedman Received on Mon Jul 13 1998 - 08:17:56 CDT