PL/SQL, passing records across OCI 7.1

From: <C.Reece_at_pindar.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 13:01:17 GMT

I'm trying to find a way to pass a record (or ref cursor) from an OCI 7.1 client (Mac) to a stored proc on an Oracle 8 DB. The DB will quite happily return the description details, but the external types mentioned are not defined in the OCI 7.1 headers -- but they are mentioned in the 7.3 headers, record is 250, ref cursor is 102.

The description shows the members of the record structure, but I don't know how to bind variables to the described components. For instance, I have a stored procedure returning a record of type emp%ROWTYPE. On an OCI 7.1 client odessp returns the following info:

Parameter O'load Pos Level Len Dtype Defsup Mode Dtsize Prec Scale Radix

Is there any way to bind variables to the components at ``level 1'', or to bind a whole struct to the record at ``level 0''?

I may be missing something obvious. Maybe OCI 7.1 just can't cope with this sort of thing? Is there a later version of the OCI available for the Mac?

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Chris.