How can I make Scott go public?

From: Denys Williams <sysadmin_at_bunbury.training.wa.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 16:05:15 +0800

Sorry people,

I have little or no idea about oracle databases but I need to achieve the following on a server that I am looking after.

I need to grant all rights (alter delete index insert preferences select update) for all tables in schema SCOTT to a role (called DEMO) - is there an SQL command I can use (and if so what is it?) or must I systematically allocate each right from each table to the role?

 Do I need to be logged on as scott or can I perform this operation as a DBA? What privilidges would the DBA account be using to perform this operation?

How do I reverse the changes at a later date?

Thanks a million in advance to any kind souls that can render assistance on this one...

Denys Williams
Computer Systems & Network Administrator & Oracle Rookie SWRC of TAFE Received on Mon Jul 13 1998 - 03:05:15 CDT