PL/SQL IN parameter

From: <barkerd2_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 03:37:47 GMT

I am trying to pass an IN list to a PL/SQL procedure and when I compile the procedure I get the error :PLS-00382: expression is of wrong type. Below is a sample of the PL/SQL procedure.

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE my_proc(
results IN OUT db_cursor_types.actbudsb, year_list IN VARCHAR2) AS
BEGIN
    OPEN results FOR
    SELECT fields from my_table
    WHERE year IN year_list

If I change 'WHERE year IN year_list' to 'WHERE year = year_list' then everything works fine. Is there a anyway of passing in an IN list to a stored procedure?

Thanks,

Dave