Re: Objects for OLE setup problem

From: <gjlinker_at_geocities.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 21:51:44 GMT

Hi Ken,

The dependencies I found are indeed the oip20.dll and some other files. In fact there are only 4 files essential when you already have the OLE2 dlls. Those files are:

oraansi.dll
oip20.tlb
oip20.dll
oraipsrv.reg

Simply double click the .reg file to insert the dll entries into your registry. I don't know exactly what is needed for a complete OLE2 setup but what I recommend people to do is e.g. download IE3 or Netscape3 or better and install that. Those programs come with OLE2 anyways so it saves the hassle of finding it out yourself.

You might find interesting my Oracle to Excel tool using OO4O:

http://members.aol.com/gjlinker/projects/oraxcel

Thanks, Gerrit-Jan Linker