Newbie help: Oracle Project feasability?

From: Martin Leo <s6606689_at_mercury.np.ac.sg>
Date: 1998/07/11

Hi,

I'm a polytechnic student contemplating on my final year project, intending on working on Oracle products. Please tell me whether what I intend to do is feasable or not.

Configurable for any type of business,

  1. Extranet for customers/regular web site visitors. The web site will track surfer's usage, likes/dislikes and dynamically tailor the contents for the user. Plan to implement this with Oracle Web Application Server 3.0 with Oracle Data Server 8 on WinNT. Netscape browsers will be targeted using dynamically generated DHTML.
  2. Secured Connection over the internet for company staff / exisiting company customers, allowing them to view the database/data warehouse (all built from scratch in this project), execute sql queries, view restricted company information etc... Same Oracle applications but the client might be Java -- JDBC/SQLJ.

Any suggestions/improvements/comments are appreciated. Martin Received on Sat Jul 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT