Problem executing an equijoin query under the JDBC thin drivers

From: Talal Azzouka <Talal_at_thedswgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 21:24:09 GMT

Hi everyone. I am writing an applet which connects to Oracle using Oracle's JDBC thin drivers. For some wild, unexplainable reason I can't execute a Select query that retrieves columns from more than one table (using an equijoin). Here's what my query looks like:

SELECT table1.column1, table1.column2, table2.column1, table2.column2

    FROM table1, table2
WHERE (table1.column1 = table2.column1) AND table1.column1 in (--set of values--) ORDER BY table1.column1, table1.column2, table2.column1, table2.column2

Everytime this query returns an empty resultset, but I know from successfully running it on SQLPlus that it should return some data. I tried using versions 7.3.4 and the new 8.0.4.0.5 of the thin drivers, and the same thing happens under both. I am running Oracle 8.03 under WNT4.0. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Received on Sat Jul 11 1998 - 16:24:09 CDT