Getting Word and Excel files in and out of a database, HOW?

From: Oddvar Kragseth <kragseth_at_stud.ntnu.no>
Date: 1998/07/10

I'm trying to write a Delphi program to retreve several Word documents and Exccel files from and old corporate database (Oracel 7.2.......) This database is no longer in operation, but the documents in it, is still of interest. There are about 50 000 documents that i hare to get out. The documents are stored as binary(Hex?) values in a table inside of the database. I have figured out How i can get to the documents i want to retreave, but not how to do it.

The company who wrote the aplication in question is not availabel for help with this.

My questition on this is:
Have any of you out there done this? Is it difficult? Are there any API's or equivalent help available? Is it just me who read manuals to litle ??

Help needed! Received on Fri Jul 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT