Importing Access 97 memo fields into Oracle 8 [HELP]

From: Scott Cherkofsky <crusader_at_bilbo.ShireNet.com>
Date: 9 Jul 1998 09:55:46 -0400

Has anyone else had problems exporting Access 97 tables with memo fields that are longer then 255 characters?

We are using Oracle 8.04 and the Oracle ODBC driver ver 8.0.4.4.0. When we try to export a table with memo fields > 255 Access 97 locks up and we have to kill the process. If we delete all records with memo fields > 255 then the export works fine.

The ODBC driver creates the Oracle table with a LONG as the memo field.

We've tried using the Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle but it hoses field type by converting autonumber fields to VarChar2 fields. That's almost as bad as the crashing using the Oracle ODBC driver.

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott Cherkofsky
--

  Scott   |   scottc1033 aol com  | Need Interenet access in Virginia?
Cherkofsky|crusader shirenet com  |  Try Shirenet <mailto:info_at_shirenet.com>