Re: An Oracle newbie question

From: Winnie Liu <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 22:14:44 -0700

If you are using SQL Loader to load the table. Try to add 'unrecoverable' in the ctl file and use the direct path to speed up the loading. If you are creating the large table out of something else, I remember you can always specific to use unrecoverable in creating a table. When you use unrecoverable, that table will bypass any redo log and oracle will actually building up the data block instead of inserting into the data block

Winnie Liu