Using foreign characters in a search expression

From: Tansel Ozkan <tansel_at_openix.com>
Date: 1998/07/08

Here is my problem:

When I include foreign characters in my search condition, the query is not retrieving the records which satisfy the condition. Am I missing something?

My SQL statement looks something like this:

select * from contacts where upper(contact_name) like '%É%';

It looks like Oracle treats the É character as E. Do I have to change my client environment variables such as NLS_LANG for proper execution of this statement?

Thanks...

Tansel Received on Wed Jul 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT