Re: Problem with Net8 Easy Configure and Net8 Assistant on NT4.0-Oracle8.04

From: Dave Perling <perling_at_goodnet.com>
Date: 1998/07/08

Had the same problem... Your not going to believe the solution...

Change your video display to 256 colors. (not more, not less)

I found this somewhere in the documentation. You would think this would not matter, especially if its more!

Anyway, this fixed it for me.
Cheers...
Dave

Adam Tadjkarimi <adamt_at_hsltd.com> wrote in article <6nttuk$b7v$1_at_newsin-1.starnet.net>...
> Recently I upgraded our server (P-NT4.0) from Oracle 8.03 to 8.04 and
 since
> then I have not been able to run Oracle Net8 Easy Configure and Net8
> Assistant . Anytime I try either of these utilities, they hung up and a
> process "java.exe" kicks in and hugs ~90% of the CPU. I have to go to
 the
> Task Manager and kill this process.
>
> Any similar experience or hint?
>
> I have a suspicion that MS Internet Explorer 4.0 and these utilities may
 not
> like each, could I be correct? If so is there a patch I download?
 Thanks