PO7, SQL Net, Can't Connect, Another Question

From: Steven C. Kondolf <skondolf_at_frontiernet.net>
Date: 8 Jul 1998 23:02:16 GMT

Sorry if this is repetitious ...

I have D2k 1.6.1 32-bit on my home pc along with the trial of PO7 7.3 which works just fine. Howeve, I'm also trying to connect thru an NT server dialin to work to access our Oracle 7.1 system. Everything worked fine with dial-in before I installed PO7 so I assume it has something to do with SQL Net that I installed. I can connect fine to PO7 by leaving the host string blank but when I try and put in a name for the remote connection I get ORA-12154 Could not resolve service name. I've tried using the same tnsnames.ora file from before and have also tried to create new connections using ezconfigure but no luck.

Any suggestions what I need to do to get all this to work?

P.S. I also have Oracle Lite installed and can connect fine to that using ODBC. The only problem is the remote dial-in. Thanks for any help.

Steve
skondolf_at_hatespam.frontiernet.net
skondolf_at_hatespam.compuserve.com