Compound INSERT statement - easy (I think)

From: Sean Dolan <dolans_at_stripe.Colorado.EDU>
Date: 8 Jul 98 20:24:59 GMT

        All I am trying to do is insert a new record into a table using the data from another table. The query is below but won;t work... can someone help, please.

insert into knowledge(id, product_id, short_prob, long_prob, short_solu, long_solu, steps) values(knowledge_seq.nextval, ( select ik.product_id, ik.short_prob, ik.long_prob, ik.short_solu, ik.long_solu, ik.steps from shhd_owner.inc_to_knowledge ik where ik.id=24));

Thanks,
Sean Received on Wed Jul 08 1998 - 15:24:59 CDT