Re: Script to shutdown db and listener in NT

From: Joop <JoopvandeWege_at_mail.mococo.nl>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 09:29:06 +0200

suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> Will anyone give me a sample script to shutdown and startup the database
> the services, and the listener, please? I'm using NT 4.0.
>
> If I have two databse instances, is there any way to set the oracle_sid
> without exit the svrmgr?
>
> --
> Best regards,

I use the two following scripts, modify as needed:

@echo off
svrmgr23 @stop_ora.bat
net stop OracleStartORCL >NUL
net stop OracleServiceORCL >NUL
ntbackup backup Drive:\Directory /a /d "Message" /t normal /l Drive:\Backup.log
net start OracleStartORCL >NUL

With stop_ora.bat being:

connect internal/oracle
shutdown immediate
exit

Edit the 'net stop ..' to include your SID ours is 'ORCL'. One only needs to start one service since it will automatically start the other aswell.

Joop Received on Wed Jul 08 1998 - 02:29:06 CDT