Re: How to retrieve program code ?

From: Daniel Clamage <dclamageNOSPAM_at_telerama.com>
Date: 7 Jul 1998 23:05:15 -0400

set linesize 200
set pagesize 0
echo off
spool c:\temp\my_proc.sql
select text
from user_source
where name='MY_PROC' and
type = 'PROCEDURE'
order by line;
spool off

Replace MY_PACKAGE with the name of your function, procedure or package, and PROCEDURE with the actual type: PACKAGE, PACKAGE BODY, PROCEDURE or FUNCTION. The type PACKAGE is actually just the package specification.

If you're not the owner, all you'll be able to see of a package is the header. If someone else owns the procedure or function, and has granted you EXECUTE, use the view all_source and provide the owner. --
- Dan Clamage
http://www.telerama.com/~dclamage
If you haven't crashed the Server,
you haven't been trying hard enough.

Stephan Gloor <stgloor_at_access.ch> wrote in article <35A1E435.70F8A7E9_at_access.ch>...