An Oracle Date bug: 00-00-0000 ?

From: Luca Minudel <luca.minudel_at_nline.it>
Date: 6 Jul 1998 17:15:35 GMT

A front-end application insert rows in an Oracle Db using OIC interface = to Oracle I guess.
I've found a Date value set to 00-00-0000 in a table column. When I convert Datae to Julian format and then I convert it back to Date = format I get
01-Dic-0001 date value...

I can understand that a front-end application running under Windows95 = can be buggy, but qhat's going on with Oracle?

Can you help me?

 Luca Minudel                    software designer
 Italy                             Conegliano (TV)
 voice & fax                     +39 (0)438 412280
 e-mail                      luca.minudel_at_nline.it
 WWW                       (italian language used)
 http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/4041 Received on Mon Jul 06 1998 - 12:15:35 CDT