Re: simple SQL question I think

From: J.C. van Geelen <jvgeelen_at_worldonline.nl>
Date: 6 Jul 1998 18:50:36 GMT

Set def '#'

then insert the row

and then again Set def '&'

the & is the symbol to insert variables into you statements for instance :

SELECT name
FROM names_table
WHERE name = '&ask_name'

Enter values for ASK_name : SMITS

Old values '&Ask_name'
new values 'SMITS'

with the set def statement you substitute it with another symbol for instance #

matsaki_at_statcan.ca schreef in artikel <6nr4ea$drh$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...