How to get data from Oracle

From: <klausk_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 12:17:06 GMT

Hi,

I've got a very special problem:

We are building an application (browser based Java applet) that shall get data from Oracle by calling a stored procedure, function or package.

We do NOT want to implement complex SQL Queries within Java, but issue 'execute procedure / function (parameterlist)' against the RDBMS.

That is no problem with Transact SQL (Sybase/MS) but I can't get data out of the Oracle RDBMS, if many rows are to be returned.

I don't want to use the DMB_OUTPUT Package.

So has anyone an example, how I can define a result set consisting of many rows and columns and how to pass them to the Front-End within a package/procedure/function ?

Thx in advance

Klaus Kloeser