Oracle8 Character set Problem

From: Scarlett Yu <cnyu6_at_ie.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 10:59:40 +0800

Hello,

        I am now doing a project to transfer data between Oracle database (Unix Platform) and SQL Server database (NT platform)through ODBC. And the front-end language is VB 5.0.

        I can transfer English data successfully. However, all the Chinese character become unknow symbol. Although the Character Set (LNS_LANG) of the Oracle8 has been set to 'TRADITIONAL_CHINESE_TAIEAN.ZHT16BIG5', it doesn't work.

	Can anyone tell me how to soft this problem?
	Thank you for your attention.

Regards,
Scarlett Received on Sun Jul 05 1998 - 21:59:40 CDT