Discover 3.0.8.28 Problem

From: Roger Jackson <rjackson_at_wire.net.au>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 13:12:57 +1000

Dear All,

I'm currently using Discover 3.0.8.28 and just recently installed the EUL tables in our production environment.

As part of the implementation I had to export a Business Area from Development to Production. The only problem is whenever the users log in to the User Edition and key in the appropriate user id, password and connect string to the production environment, they get asked the following questions:

This workbook was created in username_at_dev (ie development environment). You are currently connected to a different database. How do you want to proceed?

1) Open workbook in account where workbook is saved
2) Open workbook in current database account
3) Do not open workbook

I've currently told the users to choose option 2.

However I wish to disable the message, because all it does is confuse the users.

This problem has been logged with Oracle Support but they have no answers.

Environment: Client: Windows 95

                         Server: O/S Solaris 2.5.1, DBMS V7.3.3.4

Thanks in advance

Roger Jackson Received on Sat Jul 04 1998 - 22:12:57 CDT