Unique identifier for the session.

From: Asif H. rajwani <asif.rajwani_at_mci2000.com>
Date: 1998/07/03

Hi,

      I want to get the unique identifier for the sesssion. I tried gettting session id using this query:

 select sid, username, user#, type from v$session where username =  USER  But it gives me multiple sid if the user is logon from more than one  location or has multiple session on the same machine.

 Is there any way to get the identifier which is unique to a session.

 Thanks.

 Asif