Re: Can't connect to new database until all services are restarted

From: Venkat <vreddy_at_!no_spam!ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/07/03

Heidi:
Try this
c:\> oradim80 -new -sid AAAA -intpwd manager -startmode auto -starttype SRVC, INST -pfile c:\orant\database\initAAAA.ora

C:\SET ORACLE_SID=AAAA
C:\svrmgr30>connect internal/manager
C:\svrmgr30>startup nomount pfile=c:\orant\database\initAAAA.ora
c:\> svrmgr30 @c:\orant\database\CreateAAAA.sql
At this point your database should be open. You can verify that by looking at NT services or ctrl+alt+del and checking the processes running. Now you can run catalog.sql and other scripts if you have not already called them from your createAAAA.sql script.

Venkat