GRAPHICAL DBA TOOLS - any suggestions??

From: Steve Chell <slc_at_stevensons.co.nz>
Date: 1998/07/02

Hi all. The company I work for has several Oracle 8 databases, and we are looking for a graphical DBA tool (for Windows 95) to assist with various day-to-day administration activities (excluding backups, which are handled separately).

Of primary importance is the ability to:
- examine the SQL currently being executed by a specific session

Which tool would you recommend?

DBGeneral by Bradmark looks interesting. How does this compare with Oracle 8 Enterprise Manager? (The latter may be overkill for what we need. Ease of use is strong priority for us.)

Any comments/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Steve Chell
slc_at_stevensons.co.nz Received on Thu Jul 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT