Re: How to add the TNS_ADMIN to Windows registry

From: Paul Koppens <pkoppens_at_dstm.nl>
Date: 2 Jul 1998 18:25:18 GMT

Hi,

To make a registry entry:

  1. Click Start;
  2. Move to Run and click;
  3. Enter regedit as the program to run;
  4. Click OK;
  5. Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE;
  6. Click SOFTWARE;
  7. Go to ORACLE (make sure you're in the main ORACLE branch);
  8. From the menu, select Edit->New->String Value;
  9. Name your new string value TNS_ADMIN; 10.From the menu, select Edit->Modify, and enter d:\orant\network\admin

But ..... you shouldn't be in need of this parameter: assuming that your Oracle home is d:\orant, the search path for network configuration files defaults to d:\orant\network\admin when no TNS_ADMIN parameter exists (assuming the configuration files are not in d:\orant\bin).

Good luck,

Paul.

suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote in article <6ng8m6$qp2$2_at_news.sas.ab.ca>...