INTRANET: Oracle 8 ODBC - ASP problem

From: <actuaryj_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 16:26:40 GMT

We are trying to connect to an Oracle 8 database that resides on our web server using Oracle's updated ODBC drivers (for Oracle 8).

We have an ASP page that works with an Access database, but when we change the dbname, uid and pswd to access the Oracle database, it does't work.

We are getting the ORA-3121 error, but we have the latest Oracle Drivers.

We have yet to try the Microsoft ODBC drivers, but I was curious if anyone has been able to make an identical connection, where we have failed.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know at jason.johansen_at_bcbsne.com. As soon as I get it working I will let this group know.

Thanks,
Jason Johansen