Re: Perl to Oracle Interface / Unix to NT - fantasy?

From: John D Groenveld <groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu>
Date: 1998/07/01

comp.databases.oracle has been dead for quite some time, you may want to ask your news admin to remove it.

I posted the following to dbi-users last week. I don't follow *bsd*, but I suspect your options are the same. Good luck,
John
groenveld_at_acm.org

=head2 3.9 Can I access Oracle from a Linux host with DBI?

Yes, well maybe. Two possible options exist, but to be honest I've never tried them.

The first is with the DBD::pNET driver which provides a database independent middleware and proxy server.

The second option is more complicated. Oracle runs on Linux servers using iBCS, SCO emulation. To build DBD::Oracle, you'll need the Oracle client libraries and probably the SCO linker and other compiler tools. Those tools are included with SCO OpenServer which is available for personal, noncommercial use.

    http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/Oracle-HOWTO.html     http://www.sco.com/offers/freeOS.html Received on Wed Jul 01 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT