Implementing Oracle question about invoicing

From: Todd Lewis <todlewis_at_onramp.nospam.net>
Date: 2 Jul 1998 00:42:28 GMT

 My company is is the initial stages of implementing Oracle. The question has arisen on how to handle the invoicing aspects. Our needs in invoicing are somewhat different than what oracle provides as a standard. We don't sell this number of widgets at this price.

Our invoicing can be considered project specific. A brief discription of work done then a price for said work. We have a third party developing a production module to do this job tracking for us. They will tranfer all of the needed information to invoice the job.

The problem arises in handling taxes associated with job. A job can have mutiple final products that ship to various taxable juristictions. Total sales is divided by the number of final product and taxed accordingly.

The customer only wants to see the job description, a brief paragraph of the job, sales price and break down of sales tax (how much to which state).

The current software that we use enables us to seperate out what the customer sees and then hide all of detail from them all within the invoice. Only certain line items are printed on the invoice.

Can this be done in oracle as well. We are not using the inventory module, the raw materials used just don't track down easily to an item sold plus an item sells at different levels depending on work and customer.

The documentation in the oracle books seem to dance around this. Or it only wants to deal with Item quantity and price. Received on Wed Jul 01 1998 - 19:42:28 CDT