Improving performance with Oracle Web Application Server

From: <girish_bhatia_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 10:50:41 GMT

Hi, I have installed OWS 3.0 running on an NT server 4.0. Also, I have an application developed using D2k v2.0, which can be accessed through the web. I have a few questions. 1. When the form is accessed through the web, a new window opens up which runs the form. Is it possible to run this form within the browser window. (I'm using Netscape 4.04) 2. The navigation is pretty inconsistant. Since there is a separate window running the form through the web, it is possible for me to switch to the browser window and press the reload button. Doing so causes both the forms (or applets!) to hang. 3. Is it possible for me to have the jar files installed locally on the client browser. This is with respect to the performance, because for every class it has to reference, it goes back to the server. Could anyone please help me with this. Thanks Girish Bhatia