Re: designer 2k uppercase flag

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 1 Jul 1998 03:18:24 GMT

>Can someone tell me what the uppercase flag does in designer 2k? I get to it
>by bringing up the data diagrammer, double clicking on a table, selecting the
>column defn tab on the edit table popup and scrolling over to the right.
>
>I had assumed that it would cause a constraint to be created that would force
>all characters in the column data to be uppercase but no such constraint can
>be found in the DDL that D2K creates. What does it do?
>
>Nathan

If you use Designer to generate the Forms, it will set the uppercase flag TRUE on the generated item.

Question: why put a constraint on the field and cause a error when you know how to fix it? On fields that need to be upper, we have a trigger that simply sets the field to upper.

:new.value := upper(new.value)

The database is correct, the user can go on with no interuption.

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Tue Jun 30 1998 - 22:18:24 CDT