Re: Oracle8 ODBC for unix?

From: <nasof_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 20:05:49 GMT

In general ODBC (a concept created by Microsoft) is used to connect a PC to a database (regardless of whether the DB is on a SUN box or another PC.)

There are many 3rd party products that use ODBC to assist with this connection (e.g. Visual Basic, Visual C++, etc...)

Do you have a SUN Unix tool that allows you to use ODBC? If so, you can download the driver from www.intersolv.com (Choose "Connect ODBC Drivers" from the dropdown listbox.)

Good Luck,
Frank