designer 2k uppercase flag

From: <ndreon_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 20:03:37 GMT

Can someone tell me what the uppercase flag does in designer 2k? I get to it by bringing up the data diagrammer, double clicking on a table, selecting the column defn tab on the edit table popup and scrolling over to the right.

I had assumed that it would cause a constraint to be created that would force all characters in the column data to be uppercase but no such constraint can be found in the DDL that D2K creates. What does it do?

Nathan