Re: Oracle/JDBC driver concatenation problem - help!

From: Joe Pusateri <jpusat_at_wwa.com>
Date: 1998/06/29

Dan,

I seem to remember running across this before. Us the AS keyword to give the concatenated "column"
a name:
SELECT
C.VALIDATION TYPE || ' ' || C.PROVISION MODE || '-' || C.STYLE SEQUENCE 'SERVICE STYLE' AS NewCol FROM
SERVICE A, SERVICE CATEGORY B, SERVICE STYLE C WHERE
A.SERVICE CATEGORY ID = B.SERVICE CATEGORY ID AND A.SERVICE STYLE ID = C.SERVICE STYLE ID   Joe Pusateri Senior Consultant, Zeal, Inc

joep@zealinc.com http://www.zealinc.com/

Daniel Kirkdorffer wrote in message <
35944BC3.4859B48A_at_bottom.in.sig>...
Hi there,

I'm using the Oracle/JDBC driver oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver and executing the following statement:

SELECT
C.VALIDATION TYPE || ' ' || C.PROVISION MODE || '-' || C.STYLE SEQUENCE 'SERVICE STYLE'
FROM
SERVICE A, SERVICE CATEGORY B, SERVICE STYLE C WHERE
A.SERVICE CATEGORY ID = B.SERVICE CATEGORY ID AND A.SERVICE STYLE ID = C.SERVICE STYLE ID When I test this with the ODBC driver in MS Query for example, everything works fine: the columns are concatenated into a new column SERVICE STYLE for display.

However with JDBC I get the following error:

Message: ORA-00923: FROM keyword not found where expected

Is this a know limitation with JDBC? Can I not concatenate this way?

Any help would greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Dan

--